The Ultra Mountain Twin is a lean and mean directional twin freestyle board built with speed boosting, chatter sucking premium materials.
It’s designed for the expert freerider who likes to throw big tricks outside the terrain park. The Ultra Twin’s shape features blunt tips for reduced swing weight, Traction Tech edges to keep you locked in on firm snow and a 3D Contour Base that makes every turn more effortless. Balanced rocker in the tip and tail deliver serious float in pow, while camber underfoot gives the Ultra Mountain Twin snap and hold on hard pack. The Sintered 9900 base provides the speed boost you need to go big off any feature and the Flax/Basalt Power Stringers plus Ash Veneer topsheet provide the stability to stomp. The Ultra Twin also has added stance options with the Freestyle/Freeride Stance Pack.
Art by: Ryan Schmies
- Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Flip-Flop Base: Producing two or more base color options minimizes p-tex waste. Order may be filled with either color. Color does not vary by size.
- Sintered 9900 Base: Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and Carbon. This ultra-fast base is easy to repair thanks to the UHMW-PE.
- Ultra Construction: Ultra Construction is the redefinition of what it takes to build a snowboard.We’ve tested every inch of the board to precisely position materials exactly where they are needed while eliminating all excess materials. Combining these innovative construction techniques with superlight wood cores and carbon fiber deliver revolutionary results. Jones Ultra boards are the lightest, yet most durable snowboards on earth.
- Triax fiberglass: Multi-axis, stitched fiberglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
- Freeride/Freestyle Pack: Allows option to center or set back stance on sidecut as conditions demand.
- Bio Resin: Bio Resin is a bio-based epoxy made with 27% plant-based carbon instead of petroleum-based carbon. The organic raw materials used to make bio-resin are co-products or waste products of plant-based industrial processes. Bio-resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions to produce than conventional epoxy.
- Oversized recycled edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Recycled ABS Sidewalls: ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Factory Tuned: All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Forever Flex: Forever Flex is a new manufacturing process that helps stabilise the flex and rocker of a board for its lifetime.
- Basalt Power stringers: Sustainable strength. Basalt stringers are made with 100% natural fibers and help transfer power to the edges, improve torsional response and absorb board chatter.
- Ash wood veneer: This ash wood veneer top layer delivers added responsiveness and is the most natural way to find the best balance between absorption and pop.
- Power Core: Triple-density full wood core featuring hardwood bamboo stringers for added pop and durability plus paulownia for weight savings.